Friday, June 19, 2009

Clever Kam Lor - Part 2

( For those who miss Part 1, please click here or scroll down to read Part 1 first..)



The general dragged his feet , walking slowly out of the Imperial Court in deep thoughts. He felt sad, very sad, very very sad. " When the 3-month time frame is up, I will be history. My family will miss me dearly. How can a cockerel lay eggs! Yes, I want to live! Most of all, I want see Kam Lor grow up to be a great general like me. I want to teach him all the military strategies that I know. Ok, I better escape with my family to a small village and change my identity. " he thought.

Instead of riding on his old faithful, he walked with him, " Oh! My White Beauty, we have fought battles together and I am not going to be separated from you just like that. I 'll rather die in a great battle." he whispered to his faithful horse.

Just as he took his last step out of the main gate of the Imperial Court, there was a terrible storm with lightning and thunder and rain pouring down in torrents. It seemed even heaven
also wept for him. It was dreadful! But he was oblivious of the thunder storm, as he took the long walk back home or it seemed long as the journey on horseback usually takes him about five minutes. When he reached home, it was sunset, a 2-hour journey!

He was completely drenched. He cleaned and dressed as a general would. Afterwards he hugged his grandson and his wife tightly but the look on his face betrayed his predicament.His good wife enquired on the outcome of the court proceedings and he related the entire episode to her. She, being virtuous and upright, advised him not to escape but to face the situation like a general.

Days, weeks and months passed by swiftly. It seemed only yesterday. A decision day or rather doom day. They have the last Family Reunion Breakfast together. He discussed the role and duties of the Lord of the House and bequeathed his authority to his eldest son. As the general got ready to face the ultimatum like a general faces an impossible battle, Kam Lor called, " Ah Kong! Ah Kong! Kam Lor will attend Court on your behalf. I ' ll tell the emperor that my Ah Kong is indisposed."

The Imperial Court was called to order by the Royal Adviser. And there on the seat of the great and mighty general sat tiny, little Kam Lor. " Who are you, my little one?" thundered the
emperor. Kam Lor answered bravely but courteously, " May Your Majesty live a million years? I am Kam Lor, the youngest grandson of the great and mighty general at Your Majesty Service."

The emperor demanded, "Why is your grandfather?" Kam Lor answered in a sweet innocent voice, " He is at home recuperating as he has given birth to a baby boy early this morning."
"How dare you tell a lie! How can a man give birth! Only women give birth" the emperor raised his voice. Kam Lor again in his sweet innocent voice answered confidently."A thousand apologies, your servant deserves death. But Your Masjesty, nowadays a man can give birth because cockerel can lay eggs!"

The emperor exclaimed, " Clever! Very clever! My clever Kam Lor, China is blessed to have you.Your Ah Kong has taught you well. Now send your Ah Kong here as I'll bestow him with the highest award for bringing up such a brilliant boy. And you Kam Lor, will serve me as my personal Royal Assistant."


( Never thought of this answer right ? )


" WANT MORE STORIES LIKE THIS ONE??!
WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK! "


No comments: