Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Clever Kam Lor - Part 1

Today I wish to share with you an ancient story as told by my lovely mother to me when I was a little boy......



Once upon a time, in a Hokkien Province of ancient China, there lived a great and mighty general.

He lived in a huge mansion with a small orchard of Mandarin oranges surrounded by a beautiful
garden of roses and peonies.



One fine Spring morning, his youngest pretty and demure daughter-in-law was enjoying herself eating oranges, singing and dancing around the roses and peonies. Suddenly, she went into labour. A baby boy was born! The great general named his grandson, "Kam Lor" ( since his grandson was born in the orchard of Mandarin oranges and "Kam" means Mandarin oranges in Chinese.)



From a very young age, Kam Lor was tutored by the great teachers of China in Chinese Literature and Calligraphy. He was also trained in martial arts and archery by the grand masters
of the ancient arts of self-defence in a temple. As the result, Kam Lor grew up into a fine lad skilled in kongfu and archery and well versed in Chinese Literature and Calligraphy.



The general with the Imperial Army at his command, managed to make China a powerful and feared nation on land as well as 0n seas. So China enjoyed peace and prosperity for decades.
The emperor became bored. Nothing exciting happened. Then the emperor summoned the great and mighty general to the Imperial Court and demanded:

Emperor: You are my No.1 general. You have conquered , captured foreign land and extended
my territory in my name. You have done a magnificent job. Nothing is impossible for
you.

General : Yes, Your Majesty. Nothing is impossible. May Your Majesty live a million years?

Emperor: Now, I have a small task for you. Get me a cockerel's egg.

General : May Your Majesty live a million years? Hen's egg I can get for you. How can I get a
cockerel's egg?

Emperor : You are a mighty and awesome general. You have achieved impossible tasks which
other generals failed. Hence searching for an egg, a cockerel's egg is a small job to you.
Just one small egg will do. I give you 3 months. If you fail, your head will be chopped
off. You are dismissed now.

( Want To Know What Will Happen Next? To be continued next week... )


Discussion: How is our general going to escape death? He not only escaped death but
he was also bestowed with brilliancy award. How?





4 comments:

hengjovi said...

OMFG! I need to know the answer, PLEASE SO TELL ME!

Iriene said...

So, what happen? I think his grandson - Kam Lor will come out a brilliant idea :D
Am I right??? Can't wait for the next episode on ur blog...

james_kytan said...

I'll give a clue - it is from clever
Kam Lor. =D Thanks.
I like your face or 'muka' with extra big huge eyes. You know who am I? I am the " Mexican " who lost to
Kenny Sia aka Susan Boyle in the ' Tug-Of-War ! No prize for runner-up. Unfair! hahaha! =P

Bentuckee said...

sounds interesting... i think i heard it somewhere before..but forget the answer ady...